Lester M. Stewart founded the company in 1942 as a dealer of theatrical curtains and props under the name of Pittsburgh Stage and Equipment Studios. The company grew and soon began manufacturing its own curtains and props circa 1945.
By 1950, the company had begun manufacturing stage rigging as our then primary supplier, had proven to be unreliable. Soon we were selling curtains and tracks to them, our previous vendor.
In 1976 Allen P. Fowkes purchased the company and began expanding the company via stronger regional sales. By 1986 the company was poised for additional success. Douglas Fowkes joined the company in that same year. His singular focus, then and now, has been to grow the company through improvements in quality.
In 2008 the company moved to its current state-of-the art facility in Sewickley, PA where it occupies 45,000 square feet of manufacturing and office space.